Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Power of Music

All I need is
The Rhythm Divine
Lost in the music
Your heart will be mine
All I need is
The look in your eyes
Viva la music
Say you'll be mine

"Rhythm Divine" by Enrique Iglesias. This music may be about love but it can also be about music and its power. Somehow it reminds me of Apollo and how it takes over all our being when he wants. I can't quite remember who was the ancient poet that focused so much on this, I believe it was Pyndar, that even said that Apollo's music even has power over Zeus, casting sleep over the eagle when He wants. I believe that is this power that makes Apollo so powerful and even equates the bow with the lyre and makes Apollo patron of Spirit.

Besides, this can be a great way for Apollo to gain lovers in a way that may seem involuntary: we can't quite control ourselves or our emotions when music meddles with them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.